Put the slices of halibut into a shallow non-metallic bowl. Add the lime zest and juice, tossing to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
Add the olive oil, red onion, pepper and chilli to the fish, tossing to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for a further 10-15 minutes.
Serve, sprinkled with fresh coriander and seasoned with a little salt and plenty of black pepper.
Cook’s tip: Another time, make this dish with thinly sliced wild Alaska salmon instead of halibut.
• 300g (10oz) wild Alaska halibut fillet, thinly sliced
• Finely grated zest of 1 lime
• 2 limes, juiced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 Ramiro red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 1 green chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper